We are very excited to be representing an International business with the introduction of a Global Head of HR position. Reporting into the Business Directors and being a vital part of the Senior Leadership team. This is a brand new role due to growth and a very exciting time for this award winning organisation.
Do you have a track record in leading an HR function in multiple countries?
Do you have a keen interest in travel and culture, maybe you have a creative edge to your approach?
Then we would love to hear from you.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Developing and implementing HR initiatives in line with organisational objectives
- Leading the organisation’s core HR functions
- Liaising directly with the Board and being accountable for the performance of the HR function and the departments within it, as well as providing strategic counsel on all people matters
- Contributing to long-term goals around business and people development, including succession planning and talent acquisition
- Expanding the worldwide Learning & Development capability to ensure our desired culture of self learning is embedded and supported through appropriate systems and resource
- Developing company well being, health and counselling policies
- Obtaining and interpreting key employee feedback and data into an effective and commercially focused HR and people strategy, working with senior management to create a more engaged culture
- Creating and managing the HR department’s annual budget
- Taking oversight of the company’s culture and integrating this internal branding into our recruitment strategy Introducing and driving change management initiatives, including the introduction and implementation of new systems
- Overseeing investigations and complex employee relations issues including redundancy and grievance
- Keeping all employees informed of key organisational issues
- Acting as the externally facing representative for HR for the organisation
Experience and Skills required
Senior-level Experience - extensive experience in senior HR roles, preferably as a qualified CIPD member
Organisational skills - personal efficiency, time management skills and the ability to prioritise competing demands are key
Communication skills - to lead the HR team, managing diverse personalities and viewpoints, strong emotional intelligence and the ability to build relationships and collaborate with others is vital
Commercial acumen - the Head of HR will be heavily involved in strategic decision-making within the business. Being able to understand company finances, resourcing and the ultimate aims of the business and align the HR strategy and decision-making accordingly is critical
Role modelling - As a member of the senior leadership team, the Head of HR is expected to demonstrate and lead on the values, initiatives and culture of the organisation
Professional expertise - A strong working knowledge of employment law issues, best practice processes for disciplinaries, redundancies and payroll is required, as well as experience of employee relations
Coaching and mentoring - Whether working with senior executives, junior colleagues or middle management, you will be proficient in developing skills
Trust - As a member of the executive team, you will become a trusted confidante on talent issues, unafraid of sharing your opinions and expertise
Beneficial experience and skills
Experience of working in multi-national, multi-cultural environments
Experience of introducing effective matrix management structures across international and departmental boundaries