Bristol - Hybrid
Up to £34,500 p.a.
Our client, an established Housing Association has an exciting opportunity for a HR Advisor to join their team!
- Provide a generalist HR advisory service delivered through effective business partnering to all areas of the association ensuring the highest levels of service are provided to both colleagues and managers.
- Partner with managers and Executive team members to deliver a proactive service addressing issues before they escalate and supporting the organisation to provide an excellent service to its customers, adapting and developing to changing business needs and business growth.
- Provide professional first line of support to managers, coaching them to create a culture of high performance within their teams and take ownership advising on the management of employee relations issues.
- Provide advice and support in relation to HR related business including organisational structures, resourcing, training & development, succession plans, performance management, remuneration & benefits, people policies & practices and employment legislation
- Providing contribution to the development of the People Strategy and HR delivery plans.
- Working with the HR Manager and People Director to deliver the EDI and Wellbeing strategies for the association as well as leading with colleague communication through the colleague forum.
- Lead on the delivery of the colleague engagement programme and maintaining Best Companies certification.
- Lead on learning, development and talent management for the association ensuring effective learning interventions and training is in place with a focus on personal development and driving internal promotion.
- Lead on bespoke HR and cross functional projects providing people related expertise as required.
- Assisting with recruitment related activities and supporting where required with colleague onboarding
- Experience CIPD Level 5 or equivalent experience
- Extensive knowledge of UK employment legislation and the ability to recognise when legal advice needs to be sought.
- Experience of providing detailed advice and guidance on all HR related topics through a business partnering style
- Experience of partnering with departments and executive team members to provide proactive HR support
- Previous experience in supporting talent management
- Experience in producing MI and coaching managers through data based change.
- Experience of presenting information in a clear, concise and professional manner (either written, presented or spoken).
- Experience of coaching managers with employee relation issues.
- Experience of coaching managers through disciplinary and grievance procedures.
- Experience of managing HR projects and delivering change.
- Experience and knowledge of EDI.
- Experience in learning and development.
- Business partnering skills and the ability to influence at all levels
- Excellent communication skills and a problem solver.
- Ability to present data in a logical and user friendly format and to derive information from data and reports.
- A coaching style of communication to support colleagues and managers to resolve problems.
- Ability to influence and coach managers to follow a course of action or to accept advice.
- Ability to address an audience in a presentation or training context.
- Highly organised, able to manage own time and to prioritise workload.
- Advanced ability to work with databases and Microsoft and other packages, particularly Excel.
- CIPD Level 7 qualification or degree in HR or related fields
- Ability to design and deliver training programmes
- Experience of contributing to the development of strategies and HR plans
- Knowledge of workforce and succession planning